Thursday, July 5, 2012

There's no place that I'd rather be....


            Before I knew it, my time here was half over. But, the work God is doing is full force. There is so much left that God has for us…I’m daily being reminded that I need to be present in the moment. Praying that my eyes and ears would hear and see the lessons God is teaching me. By doing that, I’ve seen him fulfill promises, I’ve seen him heal hearts, and open doors I never thought would be opened. And, there is still 3 months left….
            One year ago, when I went to Costa Rica, I had the opportunity to lead worship in Spanish. God promised me then, that I would get to do it again. I wasn’t sure how he was going to fulfill this promise, but here I am, in Costa Rica…not only singing in Spanish, but also teaching classes, and having conversations with the children. I’ve had opportunities to sing at Calvary Chapel, where I am serving, but also at another local church. I’ve gotten to sing the National Anthem at a school graduation, and in a couple weeks, I will be singing in Spanish at a concert outreach. More and more doors are being opened, and I’m so thankful God is enabling me to walk through these doors. God has used Potter’s Field not only to shape me into a usable vessel for God, but also to open more doors for me to serve God in the future.
            One of my biggest prayers is that God would enable me to write songs. In the last month, He’s given me not only one song, but three. He’s surrounded me with musically talented people, and I know He’s got something bigger in store.
In 3 weeks, I will be going home for a week for my brothers wedding. I’m really excited, but also a little bit nervous. It’s going to be a shock to be back in my normal culture. Life is so different here, and I’ve become accustomed to it. But,  I am so looking forward to a mom hug, some NY pizza, and some God talk with my Dad. I’m also looking forward to catching up with friends, and singing in English at my brothers wedding. It’s gonna be a great time of refreshing and relaxation. Please keep my trip in your prayers.

            If I wrote everything that God was doing here, there wouldn’t be enough room, but just know that God has transformed my life, and the lives of my teammates around me. I can’t wait to come back home and share all the big and small things God has taught me and shown me while I’ve been here.

God bless you all :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment