Tuesday, August 14, 2012

JORGE.



On Sunday, Corey asked us interns if we’d like to drive to Liberia with him to pick up his friend at the airport. Jumping at the chance to ride in a car for more than 5 minutes, Megan and I went with him. On the way, we stopped at a little pastry shop, and picked up a snack. I hadn’t eaten, but I wasn’t hungry either…so I saved mine to eat later. On the way Corey had to stop and get gas. Jorge who is probably 10 came right up to the car as we pulled in. He asked Megan and I what we were doing, where we were going… and some other questions I couldn’t quite understand. We had a brief conversation, but something was stirring in my heart. There was something about him that made my heart break. Maybe it was the lack of any fat on this kids body, or that he was working at a gas station at the age of 10…trying to earn a little money. Whatever the case may be, God prompted me to give this kid my pastry. It wasn’t much to offer, I felt almost silly giving it to him, but Jorge’s face lit up as I handed it to him. God showed me that it’s not about what I offer, it’s about doing it unto Him, and He will make the increase. Just like when he fed the multitude with 5 fish and 2 loaves. Having a willing heart to give the little we do have is where God wants us to be. He takes care of the rest. Don’t ever believe the lie that Satan tells you that what you have is not good enough.

I’m learning this lesson more and more as I stay here in Costa Rica. I don't have much to offer, but that doesn’t mean I should burry my talent. God gave me gifts, and resources for a purpose. I’m called to give what I have to God. He will do the work.

Be encouraged, church.

No comments:

Post a Comment