Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Baptized in Trego


The air in my lungs, fills the voice in my heart
It sings of good things.- Deas Vail


As I went under the water, and pushed out a final breath of air, I let go of the old Caitie. In fact, I left past, present, and future Caitie back in that little creek in Trego. As I stood back to my feet and I breathed a breath of fresh air, I became a “Christian.” Yes, yes, I’ve been saved my entire life. I’ve loved Jesus, and I’ve always known EXACTLY what He did for me. But over the years I’ve become less and less “Christ like” and more and more of Caitie. As I laid down my pride, and my worries, He picked me back up and assured me that He is, was, and always will be what I need. Now that I’m standing back up, breathing His breath of life, I need to walk in a manner worthy of the Gospel. Walk in His name, and not my own. Letting my actions, words, and thoughts be His.

Let’s go.

No comments:

Post a Comment