Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Grim Reaper


“Do not be deceived, God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.” – Galatians 6:7

 Yesterday, we volunteered at Habit for Humanity. Along with Potter’s Field, there was another group of volunteers. This other group worked their butts off, and they attacked the job head on. As I was thinking about yesterday, and reading todays verse, they seemed almost parallel. These people were working so hard, even harder than some of us, but what were they sowing? Good works? And what do they harvest? Pride, self-worth, and a sense of decency. The hard work is all in vain. If only they knew that the soil was fertile, and if they chose the right seed to plant, the harvest would be plenty. It would exceed the small, bitter fruit they have been harvesting and would produce quenching, sweet fruit. So, then the responsibility is on me. I have the right seed. I need to share it with people, so they can taste the everlasting fruit.

Meg and I had the chance to talk to this girl named Bonnie. She is still on my heart, and I’m going to try and find her on Facebook. If I do, I want to keep in touch with her, and tell her about the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment