Friday, April 27, 2012


Here in Costa Rica, we started doing the book of 1 Corinthians in the devotional IBS format we learned at the ranch. I’m so excited to begin doing it because it is such a fruitful study. Not only does God speak to you personally, but you get to hear how God is speaking and moving in the lives of the others you’re working with. Matt, Meg, Josh and I will be getting together twice a week to share what we’ve heard God speak to us. I’m going to post them on here as much as I can, and I pray that God speaks to you through it.


“Paul, called by the will of God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus, and our brother Sosthenes” -1 Corinthians 1:1

            If you’ve read in Acts at all, you would realize how true the first line of this verse is. Paul was DEFINITELY called by God to be an apostle of Jesus. The story of Paul is breathtaking, and amazing. His whole life led up to that moment, and it is beautiful to see how he so quickly realized his calling. In my own life, I feel like I’m always trying to figure out what my calling is, even though God has done breathtaking and amazing things to lead up to this point in my life. I was called to be here in Costa Rica for this season. Whether I believe it or not. If I could just accept this is EXACTLY what God wanted for me, and stopped looking ahead for the next step, I would have such stronger footing in the place that I am. I could be ready for anything that came my way, and I would be a more usable tool for God.
           
            It’s a problem that starts in the heart. I am going to pray that God gives me peace and a joy to be here. To take a step in the direction, I am going to do everything unto the Lord…even the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment