Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pride


“For if anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself” – Galatians 6:3


Unfortunately, I find myself guilty of this on occasion. At my church I was on the worship team. I started off, singing once a month; I couldn’t harmonize, sing a solo, and I was a nervous wreck. The more I was up there, the more comfortable I got. God was definitely the only source of confidence I had, but after a while, I figured I had it down to a science. I let pride creep in. I wouldn’t hit any wrong notes, and the song was in the perfect key, and people would come up and compliment me. Yeah, I’d say I thought I was something. In reality, I was absolutely nothing. The only reason  I was up there was because of God. I was deceiving myself into thinking I was doing it all in my own strength. Praise the Lord He humbled me in so many ways. He can take away the voice He gave me just as quickly as he gave it to me. Everything in my life came from Him, and I need to be using it to glorify Him.

Tomorrow I will lead worship, like I usually do, but I’m going to pray that God takes me out of it, and the worship is only about Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment