Sunday, January 22, 2012

"And calling the crowd to him with his disciples, he said to them, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me" -Mark 8:34

Deny yourself. Take up your cross...and follow me. To follow the Lord we need to lay everything down. All our comforts and any ideas that deserve something. Jesus says in Luke 14:26 "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple" Jesus continues to say "whoever does not bear his cross and come after me cannot be my disciple" Before you can follow Jesus you have to die to yourself and lay down your life.

Today I will pray whenever I miss home and my family and friends and ask God to make my desire for him the strongest desire in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment