Sunday, January 22, 2012

"For whoever desires to save his life will lost it, but whoever loses his life for my sake, and the gospels will save it" -Mark 8:35


What does it mean to lose your life? Not only lose your life but do it for the sake of the Lord. Yes, losing your life can be literal in the case of Stephen, the first martyr for Christ, or it can be a figurative death. We have a throne and a cross in our heart. Usually self is on the throne and Jesus is on the cross. We try to take control because we thing we have the right plan and can save our own lives, but in reality, Jesus needs to be on the throne, and we need to be on the cross, and only then will we be alive in Christ. Romans 8:6 says "For to set the mind of the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

Today I wills hare the reasons I am on the throne of my life with Megan (my roommate) and ask her to keep me accountable to lay those things down.

No comments:

Post a Comment