Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I've only been gone for 4 days, but it's been an amazing experience. The view is unreal, and the people are wonderful. I can't believe I get the privilege of being here.

The first couple of days were spent at my brother's house in Spokane, Washington. We just relaxed and spent time preparing to come here by getting last minute items. We drove to Montana from Spokane, which is about a 4 hour drive. I'm glad that my brother is so close by.

I said goodbye to my parents on Sunday. That part was really difficult, but I'm feeling a lot better. I'm definitely gonna be home sick for a while, but the more time I spend here, the more I feel at home. Living here is like having a second family.

Berta and Jo are our " ranch grandma's" You can't come to breakfast..or lunch..or dinner without getting at least 2 hugs from them. They invest there time in you and have a sign on their door that says "You're always welcome" They add an extra comfort to being here.  Cortney is my RA and our worship leader. She is also in charge of our meals. She's super awesome, and she's always there for us too. She's gonna let me lead worship once a week for our morning worship time. I'm so excited!

I have 2 roommates. I've only met one of them, and the other one comes tonight. Izzy is staff at the lodge and she's Cortney's assistant. She cooks and cleans for us here. Megan, who will be my other roommate, will arrive later today.

There will be 11 interns altogether. There are 3 girls and then 6 boys, plus a married couple who will be coming with their whole family to live here.  The interns that I've met are Shaquanah, Josh, Anthony, Austin, and Derek. The other ones will be arriving throughout today.

Orientation starts tomorrow, and that's where they will give us all our rules and regulations as we stay here. I believe normal classes start on Thursday or Friday.

Thank you all for your prayer!
And, if you'd like to help me out financially while I'm out here, go to www.victorynetworks.net and click on "Caitlyn's Page"

Love you all!
-Caitie

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I can't wait to read and follow along your journy! God will do so many amazing things while you are there girl! :o)
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete