Sunday, January 29, 2012


“All these are powered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he walks” -1 Corinthians 12:11

I like that Paul says, “As he walks.”  Paul is saying that you just can be standing still to receive the power of the Holy Spirit to carry out these gifts. You need to be actively doing, taking steps of faith, trusting in the Lord, and he will allocate the necessary Spirit. For some Christians, we rather stand back and watch the Lord working in other people’s lives, and it’s easier to do that, then to step out and trust the Lord will do something. We need to step out in faith, and let the Holy Spirit work in and through us, so that we can be better equipped for serving in the Lord, and fulfill the great commission.

Today, I will fast at lunch, so I can pray about some things that have been on my heart, and in doing so, knowing that God is hearing my prayers and WILL answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment