Wednesday, February 22, 2012

1 Corinthians 13:5


“or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it’s not irritable and resentful” – 1 Corinthians 13:5

This verse paints a pretty clear picture of retail work. If you’ve ever worked in retail, you know exactly what I’m talking about.  Customers are rude, they insist on their own way. They are irritable, and resentful when they don’t get what they want.  I know for me, there is a pretty bad taste in my mouth from some customers I’ve dealt with.
But, how many times have we been that rude customer? Not only with a clerk at a store, but with friends, and coworkers. We demand things, and if it doesn’t happen our way, we get all bent out of shape. The sad thing is, it happens with God too. We are like children when we ask for things; when he says no, we push forward. We get irritable and resentful towards God when we don’t get our way.
Let this be a lesson to us.  Put others first, do everything with a genuine attitude, and when things don’t go your way….(how do I put this nicely…) DEAL WITH IT.

If we can start loving people like this, the world would be a changed place.

Application: Today I will pray that God gives me an opportunity to love someone by putting them before myself, even if this causes me discomfort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment