Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Whom do you serve?


“Jesus answered them ‘Truly, truly I say to you, everyone who commits sin is a slave to sin’” –John 8:34

We’re all slaves to sin. Whether you lie, steal cheat, covet, or commit murder. The ways of this world have a hold of each one of our hearts, in some way or another. Unknowingly, we all serve the same master. Until we set apart our lives, and break free of the chains; we will continue to be enslaved. The only way of emancipation is to be washed by the blood of Jesus Christ. The temptations don’t go away, but by abiding in the word, and praying, daily you will rely on the Lord to be your master. He never gives you more than you can handle.

Praise God for giving us a way of escape from sin.

I will make it a daily prayer, that God clothes me in His armor, so that I will not be so quick to be a slave to sin, and protect myself from temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment