Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Follow Your Leader


“Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute” –Proverbs 31:8

If I was mute, or destitute, would I be okay with King Solomon speaking for me? From reading his writings, I would say yes. I then asked the same question about my Pastor, my parents, and my friends. I was pleased to say yes, I would definitely trust them to speak for me and I know they would stand up for my rights. There is such an importance in surrounding yourself with trustworthy people, especially someone in leadership. The making of a great King or leader is trustworthiness. I then asked myself, “Would people trust me enough for me to speak for them?” I would like to think so, but have a feeling it’s not the case with every friendship I have. I’ve broken trust, and made poor decisions in my life, and I’m sure they wouldn’t want me making decisions for them. I want to change that. I want them to know without a doubt, I trust is God and can be there for them in their need.

I will write a letter to a friend of mine tonight, apologizing for bad decisions I’ve made that I affect our friendship. I know God can restore these friendships, and I am going to pray that He does.

No comments:

Post a Comment