Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Heirs with Christ


“Will any one of you who has a servant plowing or keeping sheep say to him when he has come in from the field, ‘Come at once and recline at a table’?” –Luke 17:7

The answer to this question can be left unsaid. It is unheard of for a master to invite his slave to come recline at his table, and put his servant before himself. That’s what makes our heavenly Master so holy and beautiful. We are so lowly, but God invites us to join him in fellowship and communion because he sent his son to fulfill our responsibilities. We are no longer servants, but fellow heirs with Christ. In John 15, Jesus tells us that we are now friends, because we know what the Father is doing. This pumps me up so much. The veil was ripped in half, and now we have direct communication with God. He invites each one of us to dine with Him. What an honor. We are all unworthy of this gift, and I know for myself, I need to appreciate it more.

Tomorrow, I will get up and spend an extra half an hour in prayer, because through Christ I have direct communication with God, and I don’t want to take it for granted.


No comments:

Post a Comment