Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Freedom


“And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” –John 8:32

The “AND” in this verse connects this verse to the last verse. Jesus said in the verse before that if you abide in his words, then you would be a disciple… AND you will know the truth and it will set you free. You will know truth when you abide in the word, and anything claimed as truth should hold true in the word of God. So, why does this truth offer freedom? John 15:15 says “No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what the master is doing, but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father, I have made known to you. “ We know what God our father is doing, and the truth of his word, which delivers us out of bondage to the world. We have hope and future in him.

Today I will get up early and spend time in the word, and in prayer, so that I know even more of his truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment