Monday, February 6, 2012

Acts 3:10


“And recognized him as the one who sat at the Beautiful Gate of the temple, asking for alms. And they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.” –Acts 3:10

This man was recognizable. Jesus must have walked by him many times, but he didn’t heal him. Why? God’s timing is better than our own. God knew exactly who needed to be in the temple when he came in, and he knew the state of that man’s heart. Maybe this man just became content with his disability or, maybe he didn’t think he could go any further living like this. Whatever the case may be, God orchestrated the whole thing, so that this man’s testimony would have the biggest impact possible. Not only this man’s life was changed, but everyone that was in the temple got to encounter God in an awesome way.

Often times in our own lives, we lose sight of the big picture. God knows everything that we’ve done, and that we have yet to do. He even uses the mistakes we’ve made to glorify Him.  I think back to times when I thought God was messing up, and laugh at the audacity I had to question God’s plan. He has everything in His hands, and he uses trials to bring glory to His name.

As I think of the lame man maybe being content with his situation, I wonder if there are areas of my life that I’ve become content, and the Lord would like to change.

Today I have confessed an area of my life that I’m wrongly content in, with Cortney, and will confess it to God. Cortney has agreed to hold me accountable in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment