Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Learning what it takes...


“Will he not rather say to Him “Prepare supper for me, and dress properly, and serve me while I eat and drink, and afterward you will eat and drink?” –Luke 17:8

This shows the expected relationship between a servant and a master. You fulfill their needs before your own. We are bondservants of Christ, but I think I can speak for some of us in saying that we expect our needs to be fulfilled before our Masters. Now, our Master NEEDS nothing, Acts 17:25 says “nor is He is served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything “But, God, our master deserves our first fruits, our time, and our best. So often, I come to Him at the end of the day, when I’m worn out and tired, and give Him that time. Or, I spend my paycheck and give him whatever is left over. I’m a pretty lousy servant from the sounds of it. Especially since there was a price paid for me to even be a servant. I should take these responsibilities a LOT more seriously.

Application: Tomorrow morning, I will wake up at 6 and give my first fruits to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment