Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Father Abraham had many sons


“We are offspring of Abraham and have never been enslaved to anyone. How can you say, “You will become free?” –John 8:33

I’m an American. I’ve never been enslaved to anyone. How can you say that I’ll become free? I make my own decisions, make my own way, make my own living.

This enslavement isn’t physical. It is a spiritual bondage. It is bondage to the world, and all the things that go along with it. What is the remedy to this enslavement? The truth. What is the truth? Jesus Christ, son of the true and living God. He is the way, the truth and the life. If you desire to be free from the things of this world, and the bondage that sin holds on your life, turn to Jesus Christ. How? Read His word and delight yourself in Him. The chains of slavery to this world are broken because of the blood of Jesus Christ. To be free, you need accept the gift Jesus paid for on the cross, and you will experience true freedom.

I find in my own life, I sometimes let the things of this world take me captive. I need to daily give these things to the Lord. Today, I will pray that God will be my main focus, and free me from chains I placed on my own wrists.

No comments:

Post a Comment