Monday, February 6, 2012

Acts 3:7


“And he took him by the right hand and raised him up, and immediately his feet and ankles were made strong” –Acts 3:7

I’m sitting in my usual spot, right by the synagogue, hoping people will take pity on me. I see two men that I see regularly walking by, and ask them for some money. The man tells me that he doesn’t have money, but he says get up and walk. …  My mind is racing. Does he realize I’m impaired? …is he joking? It’s absolutely impossible. But… He seems serious… and genuine, and confident…should I believe him? He grabs me by the arm, I’m surprisingly willing, and he pulled me to my feet. My ankles and feet feel like new. It was like I had been walking my entire life. Did this really happen? By the power of Jesus Christ I have been healed.

Over the years I ‘ve experienced many answered prayers.  Sometimes God answers immediately, but other times it takes patience.  So many times I overlook all that he does, and is doing in my life. Like this lame man, I need to rejoice in what the Lord has done in my life.

Today I will make a list of answered prayers, and unanswered prayers and praise and thank the Lord for the answered ones, and ask the Lord for patience for the unanswered prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment