Wednesday, February 29, 2012

All Things


“And the Lord said “If you had faith like a grain of a mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea’ and it would obey you’” –Luke 17:6

            How many times do you find yourself, like the disciples in the verse before, calling out to the Lord saying, “Increase my faith” We don’t need MORE faith, we need to HAVE faith. It’s funny how much faith we have in the workings of the world, yet lack faith when it comes to the creator of it. We know that the sun will rise and set, that the chair will hold us when we sit down, and that our next breath will bring oxygen to our heart and brain. When it comes to things unseen, unexpected, and unimaginable, we don’t believe it can be done.
 God has worked many miracles in my life and I’ve seen unimaginable things happen; yet I still lack faith during trials, or stressful times. If only I had the faith the size of a mustard seed, I could do ALL things through Christ. Instead of worrying about whether I have enough money to finish out my time here at Potter’s Field, I will have faith that God will provide. Because he is faithful to complete the good work he started.
Application: I’ve been praying about how long God wants me to stay in the field, whether six or three months. I know he’s faithful to answer this prayer, so today I will fast and seek the Lord for an answer.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment